Gazebo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic: The Gathering

5 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Empty Re: Magic: The Gathering

Post by joseph Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Nah I doubt it. Next week will probably be better for me
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1688
Registration date : 2008-07-21

GAZEBO: COMMUNISM
Character Info:
BP:
Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue2/2Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

https://gazebo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:02 am

You up for going, Matthew? If we go, most likely we won't be doing the FNM, but we'll definitely be able to play a bunch of casual games with the guys there and you can see all the different decks they make.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Number of posts : 1928
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character Info:
BP:
Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/1Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://xombieforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1242

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:06 am

ill see what i can do
Reaper
Reaper
I'm a MOD, but I don't actually have MOD powers. :awesome:

Number of posts : 1505
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Character Info:
BP:
Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/3Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:58 am

Here just type in all these cards here to see what they do.

DARK DEPTHS
And the estimate from cardkingdom.com calls it at about $147.99
4 Dark Depths
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Naturalize
3 Nature's Spiral
4 Crop Rotation
4 into The North
4 Demonic Tutor/Diabolic Tutor/Beseech the Queen
4 Doom Blade
4 Terror
4 Hideous End
11 Swamp
10 Forest
Total: 60 cards

Okay Matthew, so here's your deck. The problem you'll have most likely is not having a creature out to block the other guy's creatures, so the solution is to fill your deck up with kill spells to hold off your opponent until you do have something. That's the Doom Blades, terrors and hideous ends. I just realized all of those things can't kill black creatures xDDDD. Might want to fix that somehow...Really, the only kill spell I know of that isn't selective is Terminate, but it costs one black and one red. If anything, you'll just have to sideboard something like Smother, which destroys any creature with converted mana cost 3 or less, which, believe it or not, is pretty amazing. Especially for the price of one colorless and one black. You want crop rotation for two reasons. For one, since you're doing a green/black deck with no dual lands (lands that can tap for more than one color, usually quite pricey), you can easily play crop rotation and swap a forest for a swamp for an easy vampire hexmage the next turn. The other reason is, if you don't need to fix your land base, you can play it and swap a swamp or forest out for Dark Depths. Into the North is in there specifically for getting dark depths, as it is the only snow land in your deck. Basically, it's just an insurance policy. If you don't have a crop rotation in your opening hand, most likely you'll have an Into The North. Next is Vampire Hexmage. She'll be a little harder to grab. Basically, the strategy is to wait it out, killing all your opponent's creatures until you have your hexmage out or you draw a tutor and can use it to search for and find her in your deck, and then as soon as you have her and dark depths down, sac the mage and out comes the 20/20 flying indestructible. Now, in case something bad happens, most likely your hexmage getting cancelled before it even hits the field (kill spells on your hexmage won't matter, because while it's on the stack, you can sacrifice it and remove all counters from dark depths anyway), you put in nature's spiral to fetch her out of your graveyard. Then just put her down again next turn or that same turn if you have enough mana. So finally, the last card in there is naturalize. It destroys any artifact or enchantment. The reason you want this is because the only way your opponent can effectively get rid of your dark depths is by playing an oblivion ring on it and removing it from the game. But the beautiful thing about it is that once that enchantment goes away, your dark depths comes right back to play. So just naturalize it, and you're good. Also, in case your opponent is, for some reason, running a land destruction deck, you can always just use nature's spiral to take dark depths out of your graveyard and drop it back into play.

So there's your deck. And there's your strategy Razz What do you think?

PS: I just remembered. there's a card Joseph uses in one of his decks called Unmake. You could swap four of those out for the Terrors. The best thing is, not only is it not selective at all, it doesn't even kill the creatures for them to farm out of their graveyard, it removes them from the game! And the best part is they can't get it back, because it isn't like oblivion ring. That could be a bit of a problem for when marit lage comes out. Being indestructible prevents it from being destroyed, but not removed from the game. That's the pretty gay loophole to that. But if anything, you can just nature's spiral the dark depths it came out of and then play another vampire hexmage and sac it and get another marit lage. that's the name of the creature btw. Oh, also, the casting cost for unmake (and beseech the queen) will look kind of weird. Basically it means that you can either pay one thing or the other, it doesn't matter. for unmake, you can pay 2 white and one black, 3 white, 3 black, or any other combination (obviously you'll only be doing 3 black). With beseech the queen it's kind of complicated. You can either pay 3 black cmpletely, or 2 black and 2 mana of any color, or 1 black and 4 mana of any color.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:
Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/1Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks i'll look into it

but you know that zombie card you showed me where any creature in the graveyard goes to someone elses control
imagine that on a milling deck
Reaper
Reaper

Number of posts : 1505
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Character Info:
BP:
Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/3Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:11 am

Ah, Unmake. How I love that card so. Razz

Dude, I was looking through the cards in Eventide... it's a sick set. o.o
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:
Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue2/2Magic: The Gathering - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 am

The Lorwyn/Shadowmoor blocks are my personal favorites. I don't think a day goes by when I don't stumble upon a new card and think to myself "Holy crap that's amazing". And Matthew, I dunno what card you're talking about xDDD. It might actually be one of the schemes from Archenemy, but that isn't a card.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:19 am

I think I'm gonna make myself a Lorwyn block deck... Is it still in Extended?
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 am

Yeah. Right now the last set in Extended is Time Spiral I think. Then Lorwyn/Shadowmoor and all that.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 am

Hot, so I can still play with Lorwyn til the set after Scars!!! Very Happy

Oh but wait, Time Spiral's a fun set, too... oh well.
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:48 pm

You know what's ridiculous? I had a nightmare last night that I was in some rundown building all Hostel-esque (basically looked like this). And I was all alone. And for some reason I wasn't afraid at all. And so I walk into this room and there's like this swimming pool full of black water in it with some floating concrete platforms that I thought were stable enough to walk across the pool on. So I step on and I realize it's a lot more unstable than it looks, and so I hop onto the second platform right as I lose my footing on the first, and then the second one capsizes and I fall into the water. Annoyed and soaking, I wade to the end of the extremely shallow pool of creeepishly black water to the end of the room and get out. Before I leave the room, however, I feel something on my now-soaked shorts. I look down and see that something's in my pocket. I check my pocket, and what do you know, it's my deck box, and it's leaking black water out the bottom. I open the deck box and find that it's my green deck. Fortunately, the sleeves on them look like they mostly preserved the cards from the water, but then I press the sleeve of one of the cards to see how wet the card really got (It was a duskdale wurm, even though there aren't any duskdale wurms in my green deck >_>) the card literally melted in the sleeve. And then I started to panic and found a khalni hydra, and it did the same thing. I freaked out and woke up. I was never creeped out by the atmosphere of the whole dream. Just right when my cards started melting XD
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:00 pm

xDDD Wow. I don't think I've had a Magic-themed dream yet. Razz

So I have a new deck idea. It's a draw deck, focusing on drawing lots of cards and then killing with Lorescale Coatl and Overbeing of Myth. I'm looking for more cards that'll help the deck go, but I'm not having too fun of a time.
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:05 pm

I didn't think I'd have a new deck idea besides the dark depths one for awhile, but as of half an hour ago upon the discovery of a certain rare morningtide card, I decided my next deck (which will probably take a while before I get it) will be a monowhite kithkin.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Ah, Kithkins. Those are fun cards. I'd make a deck of my own for those, but naah. I'll just play against yours when you get it. Razz
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Sounds good. Also I fixed the green deck a bit. I realized that Devoted Druids worked much better than greenweaver druids in certain situations, but I for some reason still could not part from any of my elves, so what I ddid was I took out a Tornado Elemental and Terra Stomper, and added in 4 devoted druids. I also added 2 Not of This Worlds to save my fatties. Most likely I'll be adding one more to make the deck an even 65. But as of now, I haven't yet encountered a bad hand. Even when I tried XD

And funny heart of the cards story from today. So Matthew had just killed off my second Doran of the game right? So all my walls (I did have rolling stones out) went back to being basically useless, save blocking. Next draw was a Doran xDDD. Dropped him down. Attacked for 24.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Woooow [x I swear man, you must have a Millenium Item on you that you don't know about Razz

And okay, I don't have enough blue/green to make this draw deck. At least, I need to keep working on it.
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 pm

What's your list so far? Maybe I can help out.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Creatures
4 Overbeing of Myth
4 Lorescale Coatl
4 Cold-Eyed Selkie
4 Wistful Selkie

Sorcery
4 Snakeform
4 Voidslime
4 Shielding Plax
4 Harmonize

Artifact
4 Spellbook

Land
4 Reliquary Tower
4 Flooded Grove (if not, 4 Simic Growth Chamber)
8 Island
8 Forest

Now my issue is that I'm being too relient on the Overbeing and Coatl, both of which don't even have flying or trample, which could be an issue. Once all my Overbeings and Coatls die, then I've nothing left to fight with. Chances are that I'd be running out of cards fast, considering it's a draw deck too. What do you think I should do about it? Right now I have an even 60, but this isn't a very good deck to me right now.
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 pm

If you plan on hitting your opponent with a calculated strike, I suggest popping in some distortion strikes. If you just plan on going aggro I suggest something like rancor that gives trample (and once it dies, it goes back to your hand for wins). Also I suggest finding some space for Aeon Chronicler. It's pretty expensive, but very useful. Naybe trade two overbeings for 2 aeon chroniclers. I doubt you'll be needing four spellbooks since you have reliquary towers. A totally ridiculous card for this deck could be jushi apprentice. Same with mind spring and ancestral vision if you're patient. The only real problem you'll have is mana. This deck seems pretty expensive too cast. You might want to pop in an accelerator or two. And oh look, you're running green! What a coincidence Razz
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Agh I'll work on it soon. This is a pretty flawed deck, especially if I'm running both green and blue, which are conflicting colors...

I should just go into my card collection, pull out a random card and build a deck around it.
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:41 pm

I just did that right now with my cards and I pulled out a guard gomazoa xD.
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 pm

I pulled a Zulaport Enforcer... I don't see that to be a very fun deck. xD
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:50 pm

lulz black level up. And you know what's funny? Less than a day after I put up Matthew's dark depths deck, some guy at R&D shows us one on the magic site XD with a pretty sick combo. Turn 2 marit lage instead of 3 :o
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:55 pm

o.o Turn 2? How?
joseph
joseph
Admin
Admin

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by D.N.A. Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Turn one urborg tomb of yawgmoth, turn two dark depths, tap urborg and dark depths to pop out the hexmage, sac the hexmage. Marit Lage beeotch. Ridiculous XD
D.N.A.
D.N.A.
Ginji Amano
Ginji Amano

Character Info:
BP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum