Campaign: Dark Depths

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Campaign: Dark Depths

Post by The J on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:11 pm

While sliding towards the Invictus, Andreas noted a distortion of light in the pipes below, "Tch; typical Tierisch n00bz". and with that, Andy did a flip with Teh Haxor and stomped down on the obfuscated Tierisch to get some air in order to jump into the waiting pilot's seat. Andy's foe was subsequently knocked out and now quite visible to the naked eye. Its body slid into the sevice duct where more baddies emerged.
Andy landed on the floating form of the Invictus quite roughly but recovered both wits and Teh Haxor. Ambling into the cockpit with the large device Andy stowed Teh Haxor into the back of the seat where it fit like a sort of game cartridge and began initializing several systems. The Invictus main computer was still performing a preflight check: 'balancing swashplates;reticulating splines;checking clearance on elastomeric bearings;...' it vocalized. It clearly wasn't meant to be hard started from a cold stop and Andy was getting frustrated, "Come on you piece of junk come on!" Andy opened a switchboard to the right of the cockpit on which several systems seemed to have been hardwired into in a rather haphazard manner and began flipping switches to power the vessel's main weapon. The main computer was less than cooperative, 'Unable to comply;Error detected in Hypermatter reservoir endtank sequence;checksum in progress; unable to....' "GODS DAMN YOU YOU SHITBOX!!! YOU'RE GONNA GET ME KILLED!" The horde of Cassii were starting to pile on the floating craft and some brandishing firearms were discharging them onto the plated hull. While much ricoched off and hit other Casii, some of it was tearing off pieces of hull plating. [Heavy ranged (since you stated the Casii were armed- with your permission; I'm using their own weapons as flavor text for a Heavy Ranged attack instead of using my mech's gun for this action)] [first action]

A Thanatos warrior then shot a fireball that rocked the craft. "OK, guess I'm gonna have to fight fire with fire. Invictus, status on railgun compulsator and capacitors rows 1 through 9, ", 'compulsator online, capacitors charged to 43%.' "Fire kinetik rail slug at targeted enemy, half power." Said Andy as the pilot touched the dot on the targeting computer to put the round square on the Thanatos below. Andy's hand moved towards the joystick with the trigger and fired. A hypersonic round shredded the air and rent the Thanatos from existence. It also superheated everything around it leaving a fiery wake of plasma that shook the craft and blew away any remaining Cassii that were clinging to the craft. Any that were still lingering around the craft and weren't vaporized were now ablaze and dying. Andy was about to gloat but then noticed the gaping hole in the building's water processing facilities "..And this is why I don't like having to go to the surface to use this thing. Hope no one was taking a dump when I shot that! ahahaha" [Super Heavy ranged )] [2nd action]

In the wake of the destruction, Andy had finally gotten the vessel to start behaving. Most of the enemies in pursuit of the little Monestary a minute ago were now running for their lives or were scorch marks on the floor. "Maybe that was a little too much.." Andy looked around the warehouse. It was crowded and taking the fight to the air was just asking to get shot down. "Switching to mech mode.", Andy said as the pilot pulled a lever that deployed the two legged portion of the craft and tucked the wings in to protect the leg servos. Andy began crushing hapless Cassii running about with its feet as the mech made its way around the warehouse searching for targets "I wonder where those 3 dorks from before went... oh well. Hope they're not in my way" and then finally arrived at a clearing where he could see a crowd of enemies attacking what looked like the Brutus from the first room. Andy brought him up on the targeting computer to get a better look. He was frenzied and didn't look like he was coherently attacking anyone. "Better help him... buuut don't want to kill my allies either... Because team killing is bad. Invictus, load one concussive round into main railgun; firing sequence at one tenth power; Identify target; designate as allied; set friendly fire threshold for 50 meters; allow for automated firing solution via voice authorization on my Mark; ..Mark!" And with that, the targeting computer took a few seconds to calculate the best possible place to put the round on target. It wouldn't be nearly as explosive as a full fledged slug at hypersonic speeds but a round at supersonic velocities would be enough to stun mooks from the sonic boom and the detonation of the concussive round... but not a Brutus! The round exploded 50 meters from Lyell, crushing the enemies near him with a force several hundred times earth atmosphere. At least this way he would have a chance to get his bearings.

All the damage Andy was causing had raised the ire of a Cassius battlewagon- little more than an armored bus pulled by a Vozhd, it turned the corner and began firing all sorts of munitions at Andy. "Shit! The railgun's gonna get overheated if it I keep firing it in atmosphere." Then Andy remembered the panel that was initially stuck and useless and flipped the switches again, "Are you gonna work now?" Andreas asked while the panel finally buzzed to life "YES! Invictus lock on to enemy vehicle and prepare to fire the Darklance prototype." Assuming manual control, Andy piloted the mech deftly, trying to dodge the hail of fire coming from the bus. it wouldn't be long for the reticule to lock on and the charge to reach maximum. The telltale sound of capacitors charging grew steady and the reticule turned from green to red. Andy smashed down on the purple button to fire the Darklance and created a spectacle to behold. To the outside observer, the sound in the warehouse seemingly drained out of the air to be replaced with a deep trembling sound, even the guitar player would have been hard pressed to overwhelm it. The front of the vessel projected a beam of purple and black that hit and engulfed the offending battlewagon in a sphere of darkness. Then as the sound returned to the room, in the place of the battlewagon was a large hole in the ground where various pieces of matter could be seen floating upwards from the earth and disintegrating. [Super Heavy Ranged] [Ultra Mega Cheap Ranged] [3rd action]

Last edited by The J on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
The J
Ban Midou
Ban Midou

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-08-13

GAZEBO: COMMUNISM
Character Info:
BP:
3/3  (3/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yao Guai on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:02 am

Lyell shook his head as the noise began to clear from his ears. Looking about himself, he saw the great destruction that the newly-arrived mech had brought upon the attacking surface-scum. He looked at his hands, bloodied a little as he took a quick look over his injuries. As he tried to get to his feet, he stumbled a little bit, and realized his foot was impaled by two metal spikes from an industrial nail-gun that lay in the open hand of a dead Cassius clansman a few inches from him. Grunting a little, he tore the nails out of his boot and began to limp towards the smoldering warehouse where he could see the engine of death at work finishing off some Casii armored vehicle.

Looking around for some trouble, he picked out a few stragglers in cover, too close to the mech for it's guns to comfortably hit. He smiled at the cowering warriors as they made out his shape coming out of the smoke. Sprinting, but still with a slight hobble, he roared mightily as he swung his bat at the first one to stand. The blow made a loud noise as it hit the man upside the head, easily clearing it from his shoulders and striking another man in the chest, nearly goring him and shattering the bones. As another Cassius shouldered a rifle and fired at Lyell, the shot missing terribly as the antiquated weapon misfired, Lyell shut his eyes and shouldered into the man, knocking him off his feet. Just as he hit the dirt, the bat came down swinging on his midriff. His eyes widened, and the life faded out of him. [First Action] [Soul of The Sword]

A single group of Casii came running out of one of the low barracks buildings, screaming wildly as they unloaded weapons at Lyell, who ducked down as he saw their stolen arsenal. One of the last unit, dressed in the high-collared, singed and red garb of a Thanatos Burnmaster, raised two weapons at him; One a personally-crafted flamethrower-of-sorts, the other a captured Julius railgun. Firing wildly, and setting Lyell's cover aflame, he stepped forward out of the group. Lyell bit his lip as the flames began to reach him. Looking about, he saw the glint of the nail gun in the fire, and grabbed it. Jumping backwards and firing it, he could see the Burnmaster's eyes widen in shock behind his thick goggles as several of the five-inch long nails transfixed him, one of them even busting the charge pack on the railgun and taking it out of commission. He clawed at his wounds madly, then fell to his left. Lyell shoved the nail gun into his pants leg pouch and lunged at the Casii, catching several with his bat before he landed. The last raised a double-barrel shotgun to bear, but it was only smashed aside as Lyell stomped on his ribs and collapsed them. As the man died slowly, Lyell began to relax. He couldn't see many more enemies around, and the mech had attracted most of their attention. [Second Action] [Nail Gun]
Yao Guai
Where am I going with this again?

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Character Info:
BP:
3/3  (3/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:56 am

The three hypnotized Cassius troops came to Syd as he played a soft, supernatural paean. The Vohzd, gargantuan in size and highly intimidating to the untrained soldier, slithered its way to Syd, who smiled at the thought of a behemoth at his disposal. With a single trembling note, the Vohzd charged forward. Expanding to nearly twice its original width, it engulfed every Cassius in its way within its innards. Once the abomination passed through its former allies, all that was left in its path were entrails and ordnance with a lingering stench of stomach acid and gunpowder. [First Action][Symphony of Hypnosis (Vohzd)][Long Fingers]

All of a sudden, the life within the Vohzd was leaving him. The amalgam of flesh that made up the Vohzd began to melt as the slight (and when I say slight, I mean very slight) traces of humanity within it began to disappear. Once the creature had become nothing but a pile of moldering flesh, the source of its death appeared behind it: a Nekrós. Clothed with nothing but a strap to hold his scythe, black pants and combat boots, he took his hand of Life and brushed his long, blond sundried hair out of his face. His blue eyes were filled with chagrin, looking at what used to be his friend. He used the Touch of Death to tear the Vohzd's soul out of its vessel once its duty was finished. Syd grinned. He played the same trembling note he played for the Vohzd. Once it rang, the Nekrós ran, scythe in the hand of Life. Slashing away at his opponents, the Nekrós took their souls away with the other hand. Within his eyes lay a look of fear. The Nekrós was casually taking the lives of his own comrades. What made it worse was that Syd knew nothing of the consequences of a Nekrós' soul-stealing ability, that a Nekrós is fueled by willpower, and that if the willpower of his victim is higher than his, then dire consequences could occur. The Nekrós had countless souls flooding within him. His bare back was marked by a sea of black. Soon, the Cassius collapsed under the weight of the souls within him. He was dead, but the souls within him fought an eternal battle for dominance over the corpse. [Second Action][Symphony of Hypnosis (Nekrós)][Long Fingers][Retard Baby]

"Well, I guess you're the last one," Syd said to his final Cassius slave, a Thanatos. Syd increased the drive on his amplifier and played the same note he played for the other two Cassii, only much more menacing. The Thanatos roared in an explosive rage as he set off multiple blasts everywhere. It didn't even seem like the Thanatos was truly aiming: the blasts were erratic, many of which didn't even hit their targets. All the Thanatos was doing was lending its powers to Syd, whose wild and fast guitar playing took aim. Soon the Cassius made enough blasts to clear the area around it, but it also wore him out. He had enough power for a single blast. Syd took advantage of the final blast. With a pick in hand, he played the same note he played in the beginning, successfully blowing up the Thanatos' head. With little to no actual movement, Syd cleared his side of the field of any hindrances. [Third Action][Symphony of Hypnosis (Thanatos)][Long Fingers]

joseph
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1688
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Character Info:
BP:
2/2  (2/2)

View user profile http://gazebo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Andy
This dice is not existing.
+3
Terrorists

Lyell
+2+1
Terrorists

Syd
+3
Terrorists

Reaper carried out 1 launched of one Success Roll (Image not informed.) :

I'm a MOD, but I don't actually have MOD powers. :awesome:

Number of posts : 1505
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Character Info:
BP:
1/3  (1/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Andreas/Andy Attack: 2+5+4+3+4+2+3=23-6=17
6+5+10=21
LEVEL UP! Andy is now Level 4! 3 Flair until Level 5. +6GP
Andy absolutely dominates everyone in his giant mech

Syd Attack:3+6+3=12-2=10
3+3+3=9
LEVEL UP! Syd is now Level 4. 9 Flair until Level 5 +3GP
The men Syd controls confuse and attack friends and allies dealing substantial damage.

Lyell Attack:2+3+2+3+5+5+3=23-2=21
4+4=8
Level up! Lyell is now level 2. 2 Flair to level 3 +1GP
With a monster like attitude he destroys the EVERYONE!

Arif:0
He decideds not to partake in the battle just watches in awe. an enemy knoticing this knocks him out with one hit.

End Of Combat

Character Info:
BP:
1/3  (1/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Rewards
First combat went smoothly so i think some GP is in order

HOLY F*&^IN SH*T F(*&=
Since you guys did that damage in the second turn everyone gets +2 GP

Im stronger then a giant robot= Lyell gets +1 gp
I Dont have to move: Arif +1gp
3 different weapons in one turn= Andy +1 gp
All my Ablilities!= syd gets +1 gp

Character Info:
BP:
1/3  (1/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 pm

As the last man falls to the ground and blood slowly seeps out of all the bodies the woman starts examining the damage done by them men. "You might be exactly what we need. Though the kid over there got knocked out you all did the job without a second thought on your mind."

Character Info:
BP:
1/3  (1/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The J on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm

The Invictus lumbers slowly back to to regroup with the others. Its movements unlike the deft maneuvers of the fight are now slow, deliberate and lumbering; its venting, ports and service hatches were all opened to dissipate the immense heat built up by firing its mighty weapons which were radiating an unnatural light bending glow as the air about them boiled and steamed. This was clearly a mech intended as a hit and run heavy weapons platform and not all that useable in a long protracted battle. The heat from the mech was palpable even from almost 20 meters away. Andy had to call an attendant for stairs to be brought out to the cockpit as the vessel was still too hot even for combat boots to stand on.

Andreas hopped down to meet the rest of the crew regrouping. "That was fun. I'd call that a successful field test! Those guys back home better be working on a better cool down time though. Now.... uhh.. What's wrong with that guy?" looking at Arif.

Last edited by The J on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
The J
Ban Midou
Ban Midou

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Character Info:
BP:
3/3  (3/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yao Guai on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm

"Seems the lad took a bonking to 'is head. Where should I put 'im?" He carefully, with some care and concern, lifted the unconscious Arif off the ground where he lay. Slowly, he shifted him to drape over his shoulder, taking care not to injure him as he picked him up. "So, what do we do now? Once we'ze done fixin' up this guy here."
Yao Guai

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Character Info:
BP:
3/3  (3/3)

View user profile

Back to top Go down